Wednesday, March 2, 2011

King: Ho Che Anderson

WOW. these illustrations i just loved so much.  I mean i was having a hard time reading than actually looking in detail at each and every illustration. I kept looking at how they used newspaper photos in the composition in a orderly manner way.  I thought it was cool how in my American Creativity class which is held on tuesday mornings, we were just talking about Dr. Marting Luther King and the bus boycotts and his "I have a dream speech,"  and to be reading this as well i feel like this week i learned so much about him.  The pictures of him getting through what he had to do which he knew was right and to see him beaten up was just astonishing.  Another thing that i was thinking, these illustrations kind of reminded me of a jagged edge, very straight edged, like Braque or Picasso.  Not broken up like how they did, but in some sort of way it does remind me of that.  Anyways, I have to say this was a moving comic about his biography and it definitely kept me interested in reading.  Lastely, i notcied that Anderson gave each person in this a unique, creative voice, which makes the movement in this narrative so much stronger.  But i really enjoyed reading this and viewing the illustrations, it was very motivating to maybe try a style like that as an illustrator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment